Thursday 27 February 2014

GONE WALKABOUT...

Aussies do holidays with energy!
It's true that most people around the world believe Australians are at the bottom of the universe. In many ways we are. But when it comes to travel, it means that when we set sail, we do it properly! We go for extended periods of time. We get our hands dirty. We play nicely with the strangers we meet. We live in the moment. We take the kids with us. And on that insanely long plane journey home, we comfort ourselves with plans for the next trip in the very near future!

My travels have been no exception and as such, I consider myself extremely lucky to say i've now managed to somehow visit quite a few destinations around the globe, either solo or with my husband and now, with the kids. Here are a few of my personal favourites.

SOUTH PACIFIC / ASIA
Vanuatu, Fiji, Bali, Thailand, Hong Kong, New Zealand

AUSTRALIAN ISLANDS
Magnetic Island, Heron Island, Double Island

AUSSIE HOLIDAY DESTINATIONS
The Great Barrier Reef, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney, Mid North Coast, Port Douglas, FNQ, NSW Snowy Mountains, The Blue Mountains, The Hunter Valley, Tasmania, The Barossa Valley, The Murray River

USA
Hawaii, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco, New York, Portland

CANADA
Vancouver, Whistler Ski resorts, Lake Louise, Banff

CENTRAL / SOUTH AMERICA
Mexico, Buenos Aires, Chile, Uruguay

EUROPE
England, France, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece (Santorini), Portugal, Czeck Republic (Prague), Belgium (Bruges), Denmark (Copenhagen), Corsica, Canary Islands, Austria (Vienna)

SOUTH AFRICA
Capetown, Johannesburg, Franschhoek, Stellenbosch, Sun City, Kruger National Park

I'm not listing these destinations in an effort to brag. It should be said that I have visited these locations in various states of glamour. Some from a romantic Five Star perspective, many from a back packing viewpoint - and now, obviously, quite a few as a family. A majority of these trips have been far from glamorous! I even once cycled around Italy in a bikini. Seriously. 
This is not me in a bikini - nor is it Italy


So, the reason I am listing these destinations is to say that I am available to anyone planning a trip to any of these destinations, to provide a personal insight into how they should survive the journey with kids in tow. I'm not just standing here giving you advice you could gain from google, I really have lived to tell the tales. And I would LOVE to pass on this personal detail to you. Feel free to email me any time. In the meantime, I am aiming to begin a new section of this blog, with specific chapters for many of these countries / cities / towns / beaches / rivers / train lines / roads / restaurants / hotels / bus stops / taxi ranks / kids clubs. You know what I mean. Taking requests now!! 
Thanks for reading and stay tuned! 
love Rosie
Go Aussie Go!!!


2 comments:

  1. Rosie that is a really beautiful and generous offer to your readers.
    To share your experiences to help others even when you have such a busy life.
    You are one special lady.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is so useful - thank you! any tips for Hawaii? Tia M

    ReplyDelete